That evening a party of dragoons were sent to Leckie Castle to seize the hapless George Moir from his bedroom and transported him, too, to the castle where he remained for the next two years, only being released from the danger of execution after the interposition of Sir James Campbell of Ardkinglass and Gargunnock, a near neighbour and relative of the Duke of Argyle.

Colonel Gardiner then retired from Stirling to Edinburgh and the Princes army crossed the ford and proceeded eastwards through the village of Gargunnock by the Main Street (which was not a cul-de-sac then as it is now) and the Manse Brae then on to Touch and eventually to Bannockburn.  At mid-day the Prince arrived at Leckie and were received by Lady Betty, the Laird’s sister, who acquainted them of the happenings the previous night.

During dinner the widow Forrester, better known by her maiden name, Katy Paterson, a mother of six fatherless children and a tenant in the Beild appeared in a state of great agitation.  Her case was a difficult one and Lady Betty laid it before the Prince who, as a result of his foreign training promised recompense afterwards.

Apparently some of the poor woman’s sheep were being stolen by the Highlanders.  At this the Chief of the McGregors remarked that it would most likely have been the Camerons to blame.  “God forbid,” retorted Locheil the Chief of the Camerons, ”It’ll be the McGregors.”  “I’ll wager a hundred pounds it’s no the McGregors” retorted their Chieftain and at that both left the table and with pistols loaded ascended the hill vowing that they would personally kill any of their own kinsmen involved.

As they passed onward they came upon a Cameron with a sheep on his shoulder.   Locheil raised his pistol, aimed and fired, wounding the thief in the lung.  He then addressed his retainers on the outrageous proceeding of stealing from friends and gave warnings for the future.  The poor wounded man was transported with them as far as Touch where he died the next day.

Mr Seton of Touch was abroad at the time and his house joiner (an austere royalist) refused to provide a coffin for the dead man but another joiner with different views did and the burial took place near the Bridge of Millburn on Touch Estate.  When Mr Seton returned he paid off the royallist joiner and replaced him with the second whose descendants have now long been associated with the area.

From the Stirling Journal and Advertiser of 1895